1753830 Members
8527 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Some error on HP Superstore dat24 DDS3

thenote
Occasional Contributor

Some error on HP Superstore dat24 DDS3

Hi all,I'm a new one here.I got some problem with this drive and tried to search and fixed it out for a while, but didn't success.So, I think someone here could find the way to solve this problem
This HP drive always send the message to erase all tape I inserted.But the error log in Event viewer shown that
" The device, \Device\Tape0, has a bad block."
" Library HP C1537A SCSI Sequential Device failed to write a freemedia ;abel on media 129 because RSM found a different piece of media in the library than was selected for the move to free pool operation "
" RSM could not identify the media Drive 0 of library HP C1537A SCSI sequential device. An error was encountered while attempting to read data from the media."
" RSM mounted medium 129 in library HP C1537A SCSI Sequential Device and verification of The On-Medium ID failed. "
Someone said to run chkdsk /f to check from Microsoft Technet.I did it but still error.
Did I had to send my drive to HP?
Advice me please, Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some error on HP Superstore dat24 DDS3

Hi you get the Library and Tape Tools from this site and run a test on your tape drive. if it fails you will need to call HP

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/index.html

hope this helps
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
thenote
Occasional Contributor

Re: Some error on HP Superstore dat24 DDS3

I can solve it already.As you advice here with HP storage tool.Run to scan disk and test drive in many option.
Update firmware and in read/write test mode.
It use my cleaning tape sevaral times.Then my drive is back!!!
Thank you man...

thenote