1748265 Members
3966 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: StorageWorks 1/8 G2 HBA compatibility

Gonzalo Lopez
Occasional Contributor

StorageWorks 1/8 G2 HBA compatibility

Hello, I have a HP Proliant 570 G3 (scsi model). The server has an integrated scsi adapter (u320, 2 channels) and a SmartArray 641.

All the hard drives are connected to the smartarray.

Only an internal ultrium 448 (lto2) tape drive is attached in the onboard adapter (port B).

Only a storageWorks 1/8 g2 (lto3 tape drive) is attached in the onboard adapter (port A, external).

The OS is windows 2003 x64 with latest drivers. The tape drives has latest firmware.

The question is about the autoloader.

The OS "sees" the autoloader and the changer with no errors. The two tape drives (the internal and the builtin in the autoloader) works ok in ntbackup. The tests made with "hp tape library and backup" are OK.

But when I turn on the server, in the bios POSTs, there is a "incompatible device found" message (at the LSI cheks point).

Is there any way to fix this error, o configuration that i have to make to correct this problem? Is there any incompatibility issue with this hba and the autoloader???

Thanks

Gonzalo

2 REPLIES 2
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The HBA in that server probably doesn't support logical units other than zero (often called LUN mode) but is smart enough to see that there is a device at LUN 1 which would be the 1/8 G2 library controller.  You should get a stand-up HBA.

Gonzalo Lopez
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!!!