108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storageworks DAT40 internal & Backup Exec 10.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tom_433

Storageworks DAT40 internal & Backup Exec 10.0

TWIMC -

I have installed a new HP Storageworks DAT40 USB internal tape drive. The drive is not recognized by Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 (sp1 hf24 hf30. What's the trick?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274347.htm
----------
The Hewlett Packard HPDAT.SYS driver v1.5.3.1 (or higher) is required for use with Backup Exec for Windows Servers. Please contact HP to acquire this driver.
-----------
I personaly use the 1.5.2.2 and it worked with another SW, not sure with Bexec.

Anyway, I think it was present in the installation CD
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

The 1.5.2.2 driver is posted under the downloads section (for the appropriate windows OS platforms) for the Dat40/72. I think there is an updated driver, and perhaps that is required for BUE 10.

Have you checked to see which driver version is on the installation CD?

We'll check to see if there is a new driver that needs to be posted to the website.
The journey IS the reward.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

I've learned that there is a 1.5.3.1 version of the DAT driver in the process of being made available. It fixes an issue with BUE to prevent a pop-up window requesting the user to eject a tape.

Watch for the new driver under the downloads & drivers section under support for your particular USB DAT drive. I suspect it will be available by next week.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

The 1.5.3.1 HP dat driver is now posted. Try this link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English&pnameOID=501419&prodSeriesId=501416&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=co360&locBasepartNum=co-34118-1&os=Microsoft+Windows+XP&tech=Driver++Storage+Tape

Or look under the downloads for the DAT40 USB product (I looked under windows XP).
BigWater_1

Even with the 1.5.3.1 HP dat drivers, the drive is still not recognized by BE.