1752798 Members
5785 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Storageworks data protector SSE licensing issue

tonyrealpc

Storageworks data protector SSE licensing issue

Hi,
We have a single server with the Data Protector single server edition software installed. I have installed our license for single server and created a local nightly backup. Problem is, every 60 days it says the evaluation period is up and i have to reinstall the software?? Can anyone help me?
3 REPLIES 3
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Re: Storageworks data protector SSE licensing issue

Tony,

Strange results. It sounds like you may have a bad license key.

1. First, open the Dp Express GUI and go to "help" and "about". If you are not running version 3.10, SP4 (service pack 4), go to http://hp.com/go/dataprotectorexpress/sse and download and install the upgrade to SP4.

2. Find your entitlement certificate again. It is a PDF file on the Data Protector Express CD in the /doc folder.

3. Call the phone number on the certificate and ask them to either verify your license key or provide you with a new one.

4. Enter the new key into DP Express.

Hope this helps.

Dave L

tonyrealpc

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I have done what you said and we will see what happens in a couple of months.

Quick question- My backup is setup as a 'Backup Specific' of basically the c drive on the same pc the storageworks software is installed on. It backs up to a HP tape drive attached to the pc.
I wouldnt need any other licenses to do this and the one i downloaded should cover it?

Thanks again

Tony
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

You should have everything you need to backup up one machine to a directly attached tape drive.

You might want to consider changing your backup job to include everything about the server. If you are only backing up the file system (basically the C: drive in your case) you are missing the system state (which includes the registry) and the Data Protector Express catalog files. Both of these are critical if you ever need to recover the entire system from something like a hard drive failure.

Dave L