1752648 Members
5661 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: StoreEver MSL6480 with code „Multiple top covers detected"

davidpohanka
Frequent Visitor

StoreEver MSL6480 with code „Multiple top covers detected"

Hi, is there anybody who can help me with HP Library StoreEver MSL6480. The library gives the error code „Multiple top covers detected“ immediately  after turn on.

3 REPLIES 3
Barry_Reider
HPE Pro

@davidpohanka, I would like to get some more details on your library to help diagnose what may be happening. Can you provide answers to the following:

Is this a new installation, or an upgrade, or has this been operational until now?

Is this a single base module library, or are there expansion units connected? If there are expansions, how many, and where are they located in relation to the base module?

What is the library firmware revision?

Are there any more details in the error message, such as a module number?

Please provide answers to help me narrow down what may be causing the error.

It would also be helpful if you could private message me with the library serial number.

Thanks, Barry

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
davidpohanka
Frequent Visitor

Hi Barry, thanks for your reply.
No, this isn't new installation. The library is about 5 years old.

There are three modules - one base and two expansion unit connectet. I think the base module is in the middle.

Firmware: 4.10
Error details:

error.JPG

Did the informations hepl you? Shall I find out something more?

Barry_Reider
HPE Pro

@davidpohanka, Please see my private messages, but for the benefit of the forum, the firmware version in use is several years old, and there have been firmware fixes in internal library communication that could result in this false error being reported. The current firmware version 5.60 is highly recommended.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo