SuperStore SC10

simon_82
Advisor

SuperStore SC10

Hi
i am trying to get a SC10 to startup i have tried to start :
1. /etc/hpC2400/arraymond
2. /sbin/init.d/hparray

But when i do a ps -ef | grep ARM it is not running and when i do an arraydsp this is confirmed with the following message :
The ARMServer did not respond. It may not be running or it may still be
in the process of initializing.

at prsent there are disk in SC10 and in use but i want to get this running is a patch problem as i do not have PHCO_21435.

Regards
Simon

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Tape Libraries and Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
Dario_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: SuperStore SC10

Hi!

Are you putting the word start after /sbin/init.d/hparray?

Was this working before?

Did you make any changes to your system recently?

Regards,

Dario
simon_82
Advisor

I have tryed to start and stop.
Dario_1
Trusted Contributor

Simon:

Was this set up and stopped working? Is this a new disk array? Are you able to access any of the disks? Sorry for all the questions but your last paragraph is getting me confused.

at prsent there are disk in SC10 and in use but i want to get this running is a patch problem as i do not have PHCO_21435.

Thx,

Dario
Michael Elleby III_1
Trusted Contributor

Simon-

Coult you explain in more detail about your configuration?

Are you speaking of the Surestore SC10? Because if it is, I wonder why you are trying to use these daemons to manage it.

Mike Elleby
Knowledge Is Power
Mercadie
Advisor

Hi,

a SC10 is only a JBOD, you don't need any daemon to manage it.

using ioscan you should see all disks from the SC10.

Take care of the DIP switches at the back of the SC10: scsi IDs and mode (split or not) which will define the way to connect cables
Emmanuel Mercadie
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

If the SC10 was attached when the system was last booted then run '# ioscan -fnkC disk' and you should see whatever drives are installed.

If the unit was attached to a booted system, then you can try #' ioscan -fnC disk' (without the k) to scan the system.

The drives should come up as CLAIMED, if not and you are having problems identifying them, post the ioscan output. Let us know what card the SC10 is attached to as well (the SC10 uses SE drives, so be sure its not attached to an HVD controller).

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
James Lakin
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
Person above is correct. SC10 is JBOD. Depending whether you have 1 or 2 bcc controller cards determines how you can configure the enclosure. There are dip switch settings on the rear of the enclosure on the bcc controller which you can manipulate several behaviors(Example split bus vs. full bus). The split vs. full bus dip switch settings will influence the disk addressing. I believe you'll need a scsi terminator as well. The arraymanager utility you are refering to is only used if you have an array head driving the SC10. In that case the SC10 enclosure would be plugged directly into the array head(Example FC60), and not into a scsi card on your SPU.
1. Determine how many bcc cards on SC10
2. Set up how you'd like to physically connect to device.
3. Set dip switch settings on bcc card(sc10 manual has this info)
4. Reboot if you can or ioscan.
5. Configure disks
hyun-seok kim
Frequent Advisor

SC10 is only JBOD..
You can see the sc10 information from mstm --> select sc10 --> tools --> info
UNIX for all