to get alerts on a NNM enviroment.
Any ideas if Omniback has MIBS too ?

Thanks,
Alejandro
3 REPLIES 3
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: SureStore 2/20

I'm guessing that you are looking for the TapeAlert plugin.

Here's the description:
This plug-in extends the functionality of Network Node Manager so that it will discover and manage tape and tape library devices associated with TapeAlert agents. It supports TapeAlert agents that are embedded in HP DLT Libraries as well at TApeAlert agents in backup applications. This plug-in is compatible with Network Node Manager Version 6.0 and 6.01 running on HP-UX Version 10.2 and Version 11.0. This plug-in is compatible with CA Arcserve IT 6.61, Veritas Backup Exec 7.3, OmniBack II 3.0.

Here's the URL:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US&prodNum=C7200NBтМй=English+%28American%29&basePartNum=co291&locBasepartNum=co291en&prodName=HP+Tape+Alert+Plug-In+for+Network+Node+Manager+%28HP-UX%29&os=HP-UX+10.x&tech=Utility
The journey IS the reward.

So I need the Tapealert plug-in for NNM and an agent runing on the DLT, or the system where the DLT is working ?

Thanks,
Alejandro
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

The NNM plug-in goes on the system running NNM. The communication is across the network (thus the library needs to be configured on the network). This plug-in will allow NNM to discover and configure the device, so traps are sent automatically. The plug-in also provides specific event decoding for this device.

There are no additional agents you need. Within the library, this functionality is built into the Remote Management Card.
The journey IS the reward.