1753312 Members
5864 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SureStore DAT24 Internal

Paul Price_3
Occasional Contributor

SureStore DAT24 Internal

Is there anything special where this drive is concerned in terms of it's connection to the SCSI HBA? I've been given one to check out, and none of my HBAs (1510, 2910, 2920, 7880)see it on boot up.

The drive itself accepts a tape and comes up "ready", is there something I'm missing? I've not had one before.

TIA

Paul
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Duthie
Trusted Contributor

Re: SureStore DAT24 Internal

termination ?
Paul Price_3
Occasional Contributor

I checked termination by trying 4 different terminators and also by changing the SE jumper on the drive.

I've also tried 2 x 50way cables and 2 x 68way cables (with respective adapters).

The same problem crops up in differnet PCs too.

Trash can?? It'd be a shame.
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Paul,

The DAT24 is a SCSI2 narrow SE device. 50 way connector on back of drive. There is no SE jumper, jumpers on back of drive set SCSI ID and there is also a jumper to enable the drive to supply terminator power.

A 50 way cable from your SCSI HBA to the drive with a terminator at the drive end should work. Your HBA shoudl be self terminating.

If you have another SCSI peripheral handy, even a disk drive you could try this on your cable/HBA configuration to see if it is detected to help you work out whether the fault lies with the DAT24 or your SCSI setup

Cheers,

Dave Dewar
Paul Price_3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the feedback Dave. What I called the SE jumper I see now is the drive terminator power.

One of the HBAs I tested actually normally has a Wangdat 3200 attached. Although not in regular use, it works fine.

Paul
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Ok, the wangdat 3200 is a SCSI1/2 device I believe so if your HBA sees that but fails to see the DAT24 then this does suggest your DAT24 is faulty.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar