StoreEver Tape Storage
1748227 Members
4287 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SureStore DAT24x6 unable to use DDS3 tapes.

Raymond Jennings
Occasional Contributor

SureStore DAT24x6 unable to use DDS3 tapes.

I can use DDS2 tapes but for some reason the DDS3 tapes sound horrible when reading/writing and always end up with a "Clean Me" message on the LCD. I've tried countless new DDS3 tapes with the same result everytime. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
asus81

Re: SureStore DAT24x6 unable to use DDS3 tapes.

you can try with a firmware update
if it doesn't work
i think you must change the drive
Satish M.S.
Valued Contributor

Raymond:
Run the re-calibration script using Library and Tape Tools available at www.hp.com.support/tapetools

The write re-calibration script is currently designed only for DDS3 drives, including DDS3 autoloaders. The script, which runs from within Library and Tape Tools, varies the write current applied to the write heads to find an optimum value. This is a process, which originally occurs during drive production, but during life the heads on the drive wear down and the magnetic characteristics change, so they may benefit from being recalibrated later in life.

A Device Analysis test, run from within Library and Tape Tools should always be run first and the re-calibration script should only be used if the output from the Device Analysis suggests that re-calibration may help this drive. This decision is based on the types of errors logged in the drive and whether re-calibration has already been performed on this drive - the script will not allow multiple re-calibrations of a drive.

Goodluck and Regards,

Satish
Satish M.S.
Valued Contributor

Errata: Library and Tape Tools is available at www.hp.com/suport/tapetools

sorry about that

satish