1748080 Members
5313 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

SureStore DLT AutoLoader 818 compatible card

Harry_69

SureStore DLT AutoLoader 818 compatible card

Hi,

I just wanted to enquire if anyone knew if the SureStore DLT AutoLoader 818 is compatible with any of the following scsi cards:
- "Adaptec AIC-7899"
- "AHA-2940UW"
- "Adaptec 39160"
- "Mylex DAC960LB – DB1"

and if so which ones.

Thank you in advance,
Har
4 REPLIES 4
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Re: SureStore DLT AutoLoader 818 compatible card

Hello,

The autoloader 818 is a HVD device. The Adaptec SCSI cards you mentioned (first three) are LVD SCSI cards, which are electrically not compatible with it.

The Mylex card you mentioned is a RAID controller, which are not supported on tape devices/libraries.

Sorry,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

just to add the wintel view, there is also the LVD model of 818, in this case, the Adaptecs controllers listed are all compatible, the Mylex, as explained, is a raid controller and do not support tapes and robotic controllers.

So you can check with the correct product number or your unit, and see in the quick-specks what is the interface type you have
Harry_69

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

I didnt know that 2 versions of the "SureStore DLT AutoLoader 818" existed, i have a LVD type. I was also wondering where i could get more information on the device as i cant seem to find much more than http://h200006.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg28337/lpg28337.pdf site.

Thanks
Harry_69

And my apologies if i dont reply to the next email for the next month as i will be on holidays.