108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SureStore DLT Autoloader

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jasmine Munroe

SureStore DLT Autoloader

Hey,

I've just been given a SureStore DLT Autoloader. Win 2K is seeing it as a quantum tape drive (I just wanted to test it quickly to make sure it works), but I'll be using it on an NT server. How do I know which model it is so I can get the correct drivers? It doesn't seem to have a model no, and there are 3 kinds on the drivers website.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

What do you see on the front of the Autoloader? SureStore E Autoloader 1/9 or something like that? Or 818?

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Stefan Saliba
Trusted Contributor

If you post the product number it will be much easier.

Check at the back or on the side for a label which has the product number. The product number should be something of the form C7745NB eg for a DLT 1/9 Autoloader.
It is of the form starting with an alphabet letter then numbers then finish with an alphabet letter.

How many drives do you have and how many slots.

Stefan

Jasmine Munroe

Hey,

It actually just says "Hewlett Packard SUreStore DLT Autoloader" on the front, nothing else.
There are no stickers or serial numbers on the back either.

Any ideas what to do next?

Thanks
Jasmine Munroe

Hey,
Forgot to mention, it's the only external device I have, and it's the only device on the SCSI card.

Thanks
Jon Mattatall
Esteemed Contributor

Ummmm....

I took a look, and it seems that there is a "generic" SureStore DLT driver for both the 24x6 and 40x6. It's ddsw2000.exe - and for all the ways to get there, the name/size/version/date are the same in each case. I'd say that's probably what you're after - like here -

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNum=C5677A&prodName=hp+surestore+dat24x6i+internal&locale=en_US&taskId=8418&taskName=download+drivers+%26+software&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=42847&prodSeriesName=hp+surestore+dat24x6i+internal#Microsoft%20Windows%202000%20Advanced%20Server

Jon
A little knowledge is dangerous - none is absolutely terrifying!!!
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello Jon,

The 24x6 and 40x6 are DDS (DAT) autoloaders, not DLT autoloaders.

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Jon Mattatall
Esteemed Contributor

My error, apologies.
Enthusiasm overcame intelligence (and reading skills).

N/A, pls

Jon
A little knowledge is dangerous - none is absolutely terrifying!!!
cbakke

Hi: take out the tray and with flashlight shinning look inside the unit for ID tags/numbers...yes inside
Also download the HP tape tool. this utility will tell you a great deal and help insure you firmware is updated.
our 2 Hp autoloaders (model 1/9 and 418) both show up in BackUp Exec as having quantum drives. The number of slots does matter.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

> Hewlett Packard SUreStore DLT Autoloader

That is the branding on the 418 (DLT4000, 8 slot) autoloader. the 718 and 818 included the model number on the front panel. There should be a C6280F product number on the unit (usually under the magazine).
The journey IS the reward.