108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SureStore Firmware downgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert Bryan
Frequent Advisor

SureStore Firmware downgrade

How can I rollback or downgrade the firmware on a SureStore Ultrium 2/40 tape library...
I replaced the controller card, but it has firmware version 2400....I need to have version 1410.

Thanks Robert B
8 REPLIES 8
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: SureStore Firmware downgrade

Locate the file here

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/ it should be LTT_C7200_1410.frm

and use the web-Interface.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Robert Bryan
Frequent Advisor

When I try to install the firmware 1410 it comes back with error "Firmware update failed"

Any suggestions on how to resolve...

The problem appears to be that I am trying to downgrade to a lower verion...

Thanks Robert
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor
Solution

The problem is that you don't have a higher firmware revision, you have a controller card form a different product.

That controller card is from a 1/9 autoloader, not from a library in the 2/20 family. If there is any way you can get a library controller instead of an autoloader controller that would be your best option.

Robert Bryan
Frequent Advisor

C7200-69206
(Restored C7200-60206)
Library interface controller PC board - Low Voltage Differential SCSI (LVDS)

The P/N above is what we installed into the tape library and according to the HP parts store it is for a 2/20 tape library.

This is also the same P/N that was removed

If this is incorrect what controller card P/N should be installed?

Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The part number you list is for a controller that would work in your library however the controller you got is not for the C7200 product family if it has 2400 firmware. The 2400 firmware is only found in controllers for the C7145 1/9 autoloader family. I don't have the part number list handy to say what numbers might be valid for that controller.

You don't say where you got the board, but if you got it from HP please let me know so I can look into it.
Robert Bryan
Frequent Advisor

We did not get the part from HP...

I will have to look into what was actually installed into the library and get back with you...

If we install the correct controller and the firmware is still to high, how would I downgrade it...

Thanks Robert B
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The controllers are identical hardware.

If the firmware is 2xxx then the controller is for an autoloader and none of the field tools can download the library 1xxx firmware.

If the firmware is 1xxx then the controller should work fine with your library. 1720 is the current and recommended firmware but 1410 is fine if it works for you. If it were my library I would update the whole library to 1720 after installing a new controller. Downgrading works as mentioned previously just download the firmware using the web interface or get an L&TT password from the HP call center.
Robert Bryan
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your help