1753312 Members
6383 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Suresore dat24x6 DDS3

Lutz Hacke

Suresore dat24x6 DDS3

Hallo!
Last Friday I tried to update my firmware of a surestore dat24x6 DDS3. Unfortunatly there was an interruption of the power supply and the drive wasn't connected to an UPS. Now the drive isn't discovered anymore. I tried in DOS and everything I know. The device itself seems to work properly-no error message in the LCD.
Is there any chance to get it working properly again? Is there a reset function/possibility during power on?

Can anybody help me?
6 REPLIES 6
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Re: Suresore dat24x6 DDS3

Hi,
You reached at an unpredictable state
Please Download LTT and Try
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/index.html

BTW which O.S and what server are you using?
Do DDS Tape drives work in DOS ?
If Nothing Works then finally
I will advise if you have support contract with HP just log call to HP and get it checked.

Regards,

I'll sleep when i am dead.
Lutz Hacke

Hallo !

Thats actually the problem! I've done the firmwareupdate via LTT. Then this crash happend and now LTT and/or BIOS of the SCSI-controller can't discover the autoloader. I've tried it in an other PC but the situation is the same.
Lutz Hacke

I forgot! I'm using Server 2003 enterprise. LTT 3.5.
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Sorry ! As i told in my earlier post that your tape drive is in unpredictable state.
I will advise you report the call to HP and get it checked or replaced.

Regards,

Lutz Hacke

Hallo !

After nearly half a week I found out what was wrong! It is an external autoloader and the scsi-cable connector wasn't attached properly. One of the two fethers which actually should keep the connector into position was off and so the cable moved only a very little bit out of the connector and so connection was lost. I think it happend because of moving and trying to find out what was wrong.

BTW I have problems with Maxell DDS3 Media! Is this normal? Does anyone have simular problems?

Regards
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Nice that you got the problem.
I will advise you to use only HP DDS3 Media
(Part Number- C5708A)
For better results and minimum problems.

Regards