108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Surestore 718 Drive model

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Annett

Surestore 718 Drive model

Hello,
Can someone help me find the exact model number of the DLT 7000 drive that would go into a 718? I knwo there are several loader type models and each have a specific front on the to meet the robotics. MUCH appreciated!

D
7 REPLIES 7
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Surestore 718 Drive model

The old 718 Autoloader do not have a pn for the drive, all the box is exchanged, see partsurfer for details

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=partlist&uniqparts=Y&template=main&model=C6280J&plist_styp=flag&plist_sval=ALL

marino
David Annett

Thanks for the response.

So basically the drive itself is unreplaceable?

D
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes definitively following the HP process
David Annett

would you then be at liberty to say how close a fit the sun storedge l280 is? if not is ok, thanks for the insight regardless.

D
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

I cannot give You info about the matching between the Sun and the HP model, looking at the manual it seems similar, but as usual each vendor use a dedicated FW, and each drive have a personality that will prevent to change fw from a vendor with a FW from another, then probably using parts form Sun on a HP model will result in communication error between controller and drive.

http://192.18.109.11/805-3958-10/805-3958-10.pdf

marino
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

With the DLT drives the import thing is what firmware is on the drives. The 718 uses OML3 firmware but there are reports that it also works correctly with OMX.
David Annett

Thanks everyone, I did in fact verify that the model IS a quantum TH6XF-RH.