StoreEver Tape Storage
1752732 Members
6195 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Surestore E 2/20 Tape Library - Firmware Update - barcode reader no longer recognises barcodes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Driver
Occasional Contributor

Surestore E 2/20 Tape Library - Firmware Update - barcode reader no longer recognises barcodes

We have just upgraded our Surestore 2/20 Tape library to the latest firmware revision (1220) using LTT, however now the library refuses to recognise any of the barcodes on the DLT tapes wheras previously it did. We decided to upgrade the firmware on our second library which is exactly the same hardware as the first and the same thing has happened, the barcodes are no longer recognised and the display just shows ?????? for each DLT.
Has anybody else encountered this and if so what is the fix?
Regards, Chris.
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Surestore E 2/20 Tape Library - Firmware Update - barcode reader no longer recognises barcodes

Chris,
according my LTT latest firmware for C7200 is 1600 dated 04/01/2003. Did you try to upgrade to this version?
Eugeny
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You did well to upgrade to 1220 first, cuz if you want to upgrade your firmware to the library, that is the first you have to upgrade to.

However, your problem is strange. Try to upgrade your firmware to the latest, now that you have 1220.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Chris Driver
Occasional Contributor

Problem Solved!
What has happened is that I started off at firmware revision 1040 and the upgrade changed it to 1220, I have now upgraded it again to 1600 and everything is worki9ng fine.

Thanks for the Help.