Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surestore dat24 too slow

jjkm
Occasional Visitor

Surestore dat24 too slow

Hi,I was using a batch file to do an overnight back which was working fine until 2 days ago where it still backs up upto morning. It has become too slow all over sudden and takes over 6 hours to back up please help. I use windows nt 4 server on dell poweredge
3 REPLIES
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: Surestore dat24 too slow

Are you backing up to the same tapes that had worked fine? If not, make sure you don't have a bad tape.

If it's the same tapes, have you been cleaning the drive? DDS drives need regular cleaning. If I remember right, they recommend cleaning after every 5th full tape.

If you haven't cleaned in a long time, they it's suggested that you clean the drive a number of times in a row, using a new cartridge.

If you have been cleaning, make sure your cleaning tape isn't expired.
The journey IS the reward.
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

And of course we have to ask: What changed?

What type of backup are you doing?

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
jjkm
Occasional Visitor

I am using the same tapes I was using before and nothing has changed on the server. the batch file performs normal backup every day. i performed tape cleaning but to no avail