1747993 Members
5367 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Surestore dlt error?

George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

Surestore dlt error?

I've got a surestore dlt 80 that's got all of the lights on the right hand side flashing.

I've tried a tape cleaner without success.
Does anyone have any ideas and is there a manual online somewhere?

Cheers

George

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage>General to Tape Libraries and Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

Re: Surestore dlt error?

Check this .. (fr Knowledge Base)
It's the DLT80 Troubleshooting Cleaning Light.

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50206.html

Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi George,

Can it be a SCSI TErmination problem.

If nothing works, time to replace your drive.

Hope this helps.

Regds
George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

I've got 2 dlt 80's, each connected to seperate L2000's (which are connected via sg cluster)

They both had the same problem but on different days.

The first drive started flashing but had stopped by the next day, but the other dlt 80 had started flashing.

Even though the first drive had stopped flashing i was still getting write errors.

Ended up power recyling drives and this seems to have fixed the problem, but it's still strange.
Jeff Walker

Hi George,
It seems to me that you are experiencing SCSi card problems. If you have a SCSi-equipped different pc / server then I would recommend that you have that.

The lights flashing on the rhs of the drive generally indicates a SCSi problem. Reboot the system with the SCSi cable removed to eliminate any SCSi card involvement. The fact that it is happening with 2 drives on the same setup suggests that the problem is external to the drive.