StoreEver Tape Storage
1753739 Members
4199 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

T 1000 E tape backup

Ray Waguespack

T 1000 E tape backup

What software to use and how to load the T 1000 E on Windows 98 operating system.

I use Ver 1.7 for Windows 95. I went to HP software support and down loaded 3 files that indicated to be use for Windows 98 but I cannot make it work.

What do I need to do step by step please. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: T 1000 E tape backup

Ray, if you will post your email address I believe I can help you.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Ray Waguespack

E-mail address is raywag@accbr.com
CA914187

I have a similar problem with a T1000 internal drive and Windows 2000. Cant find drivers or backup software no matter where I look. Any Ideas?

Email=kkirby@aescomadsen.com
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Kevin, The t1000 is not supported by Win 2k
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Irv Werbin

I too seek info about software for backups. I need both documentation and any required software to support a HP Colorado T1000E external tape drive on a Win95 system. I have been unable to find the documentation or software on the HP site. Can someone point me to a source for both? I do have the DOS CBD software but have misplaced the Windows documentation and software. Can I use any of the standard Windows utilities for this drive.

What software does HP offer for the T1000E drive?

I also may want to use on a Win'98 system.
BR659932
Regular Advisor

Irv Werbin

I did get the T1000E (external) to work on Windows '95. However I also want to get it to work on '98 and would prefer to use Microsoft Backup. I thought I saw several references that MS Backup would support the T1000e but I can not get it to work. Nor can I get the OS to even see the tape drive. Backup claims there is no media available. Is there a way to get the OS to see the T1000E drive? Some exchanges in this forum claim the Win 2000 disavows parallel devices which led me to believe that 98 might support them. I also thought I saw other exchanges that indicated Backup would support the T1000E.