Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TL891 minilibrary

Bernie_12
Occasional Visitor

TL891 minilibrary

I receive an error message when connecting the TL891 minilibrary to compaq ML370 server.
message reads: proliant storage enclosure not responding, check power switch and cables.

I am sure I have the proper scsi cables, but not sure if I have the connection from the tape unit to the server correct.

Help
Bernie
2 REPLIES
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: TL891 minilibrary

Are you sure you have the termination correct on both ends of the SCSI bus. Differential SCSI is really picky about that.

Also, only a couple models of Compaq SCSI HBAs are listed in the specs as compatible:
- 64 bit dual channel Wide Ultra II SCSI Adapter (P/N 348757-B21)
- 64 bit 66 MHz dual channel dual channel Wide Ultra III SCSI Adapter (P/N 129803-B21)

Are you using one of those two?
Leslie Martin
Frequent Advisor

Re: TL891 minilibrary

Bernie
The TL891 comes in two versions:
The original version has a High Voltage Differential SCSI port. It won't work when connected directly to a ML370 as this server uses a Low voltage Differential SCSI port. if this is the case then you need a HVD SCSI adapter Option part number 157299-B21.
The later TL891 with the LVD SCSI port is identified as a TL891 DLX. This will work when connected to a ML370 SCSI port.