StoreEver Tape Storage
1752648 Members
5558 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TL891 swapped drive but not found

PHIsquared

TL891 swapped drive but not found

OK, admission time: I used a standalone 35/70 drive and replaced it with a defective 35/70 that was in the tl891.
It said there was a 2072? error and I restarted the tl891 with the Escape key pressed. It started up but does not find the new (standalone) drive.
Is there anything that I can do to make the tl891 find this new drive...or do I have to replace a tl891-35/70 with another tl891-35/70?
Thanks,
ianpoulsen@phisquared.com
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I'm fairly certain you can't use alternative drives in a TL891. The standalones have different mechanisms for operating the door levers etc.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
PHIsquared

The mechanics of the autoloader drive vs. standalone were not a problem.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Can you explain exactly what you did to replace the drive...

Reading the original question again, I'm not entirely sure what components you've used where...

Cheers,

Rob
PHIsquared

OK, from the standalone drive:
Took off the flapper door and spring.
Replace the handle with small handless handle (not really sure how to explain--two screws on pole that goes left to right if looking at drive head on so you can read the text of the front of the drive)
Put on single jumper (second to end) lower right side (again facing drive). Put on arm to flip open and closed...attached to same pole that goes left to right.
Then put it back into the cage with the other drive, plugged back in the scsi cables and the control cable (next to scsi setting) and done.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

OK. Looking at the maintenance and service guide for the TL891, a 2072 error is:

Command Timeout
Power down, Wait 30 seconds, Power up. Occurs if the power is cycled too quickly and the DLT drive comes up in an error state and doesn├в t communicate with the MiniLibrary system controller.

Cheers,

Rob
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Another thought...

The TL891 is a differential SCSI device.

The standalone drive that you installed is probably single ended.

Cheers,

Rob