1752607 Members
4739 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TSMC - cannot view error logs or summary page

Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

TSMC - cannot view error logs or summary page

Im using the latest (HP) version of TSMC on a stand alone server to test a few 20/40 DLT drives.
It has failed one of the drives so far, and I need to print out the error log and summary page showing serial no etc.
However the server is not on a network and doesnt have a printer attached, so I saved the webpages that I needed onto a floppy.
Only problem is, when I try to open the .html files either on the server or on another PC to print them out, it asks to download a Java applet, which I have done and installed ok. But when trying again it just sits there on a grey screen saying something like "Opening Java applet" and eventually crashes.

Has anyone had this trouble before?
I need to print out these logs ASAP, and short of hooking up a local printer to the server I dont know what to do next...

Help!

Thanks
Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
4 REPLIES 4
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Mark...
Try HP LTT from http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html . Generate Support ticket, open it and go to menu to generate HTML report. It will not use java...
Eugeny
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the very prompt reply Eugene!

Will the HP Library and Tape tools be ok to test a Compaq 20/40 DLT??

Will it 'see' the drive ok?

Cheers
Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Also I must tell you, that Im a Compaq APS working for a Compaq Warranty centre, and we've been informed of a number of 'fraudulent' DLT drives around at the moment.
We have been told to use this latest TSMC to test, and print out the summary page including the serial number, and attach the print out to any failed drives that go back etc...

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

If so then you need this TSMC utility's report. I've never used it. Always LTT support tickets. They are very informative. Unfortunately, when converting LTT support ticket to HTML some useful information got lost
LTT compatibility matrix is here http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=lpg50459 . I guess that all DLT drives are OEMed from Quantum (but may have different firmware level and inquiry string) so LTT will work.
Anyway if you were told to do that way please do so. The solution to your problem may be printing from machine you generate report on (you can use network printer, no need to connect local one)
Eugeny