1752307 Members
5304 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Tape Drive

samansalehi

Tape Drive

In my first exprience:I have HP Tape Drive Storageworks Ultrium 448, and connect it with physical internal SCSI CARD(HP SC11Xe Host Bus Adapter) to HP DL380G5.

I update the firmwares to the latest firmware HP9.3. Then install ESXi 4.1 U1, unfortunately i cannot see or cannot find the tape drive in the ESXi.

Is somebody know how to use Tape Drive in ESXi?

In the second Exprience: I install Win server 2008 r2 Enterprise in the same Server that i mention above, but i cant see the tape drive again.is there somebody help me?

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_de_Lange
Frequent Advisor

Re: Tape Drive

Hi,

When you say "I can't see the tape drive", where are you looking exactly ?

on Windows, is there a device entry for the tape drive ? or an 'unknown' device perhaps ?

Secondly, is the card drive loaded correctly ?

You best install HP Library and Tape Tools on one of these systems (Windows or Linux) and run some connectivity tests. The softwre is quite smart in figuring out problems these days.

If all else fails, post as many details as possible please.

thanks,

-Eric

osguil1

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, did you solved it ?

Thank you !

Eric_de_Lange
Frequent Advisor

I would recommend:

- post the output of the command 'sudo cat /proc/scsi/scsi'

this will show all detected devices on your system and will tell us if the drive is detected by the OS

If you do want to adress a problem, please provide as much information as you can and a complete description of what it is you are trying to achieve. The people in these forums are smart but they can not read minds.

thanks 

-Eric