1753360 Members
4775 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Tape always ejected after firmware upgrade

Dirk Seifert

Tape always ejected after firmware upgrade

After a firmware upgrade from
N11 to N26 of my hp surestore ultrium 215 (LTO) the tape is always reeject when I insert it into the drive.
Can somebody help with this issue.

Greetings
D. Seifert
7 REPLIES 7
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Tape always ejected after firmware upgrade

Dirk,
please generate support ticket from LTT http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/index.html , zip it and attach to your next reply
Eugeny
Dirk Seifert

Thanks Eugeny,

I created the support ticket just an hour ago. I attached it to this reply.

Greetings
D. Seifert
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately zip file is corrupt (incomplete, I can download only 256K of it). If you have generated support ticket not only for one deivce please split them in different support tickets. Remember: attached files should not exceed 256K (although ITRC says 1MB)
Eugeny
Dirk Seifert

Hello Eugeny,

I tried it again with WinRar.
Here ist part 1
Dirk Seifert

an here ist part 2

Greetings
Dirk
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dirk,

The links to your rar archives don't work. However, in the meantime can you answer a few questions and run a few tests with LTT that might allow us get to root cause without the ticket. A 215 support ticket should be less than 256K when compressed using winzip.

1. When you select the 215 in LTT you should get a page that shows a picture of the drive and some top level info. You can get back to this page by clicking the identify icon on the menu bar at the top of LTT. What firmware rev does it say you have in the drive?
2. With no tape loaded is the ready led at the front of the drive lit green?
3. there are two leds at front of drive labelled tape error and drive error. When your tape is ejected what do these leds indicate?
4. Are all tapes including cleaning tapes ejected or is it only particular tapes?
5. There are several tests you can run in the test section of LTT to help you verify drive fitness for use. Can you run the device analysis test, ensure you have turned on "everything" view in test results and post what you see in the results window please.
6. You could try running the write/read test and when prompted for a cartridge, put one in the drive and then if it is ejected the test will fail. Look at test results with everything view selected and post results here.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar
Dirk Seifert

Hi Eugeny, Hi Dave,

the problem is located (so far). After contacting the HP-Support I got a password to downgrade the firmware. I use N23 now. My investigations have shown that the cartridge was always ejected when drives fan was active in that moment I tried this 30-40 times. This seems not to be the case with firmware N23D. I gave this information to HP and I'm now using firmware N23D.

Thanks for your help and
kind rergards
Dirk