1751701 Members
4744 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Tape drive partnumber

balln
Advisor

Tape drive partnumber

Does anyone know how to get the part number from a tape drive without having to take it out?

5 REPLIES 5

First of all you have to now the model of your tape drive, second you have to go to this link http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/default.asp?cc=US〈=EN
and put the model name.
balln
Advisor

How do i get the model number tape tools and the insight agents only report DLT1 and this doesant come up with anything in the parts store?

Can you give me more information, like.
What kind of tape are you use, in what kind of system, is in MSL or in a server, it´s a DLT.
Here you can see several models of tape drives:
Tape drive, 110/220 GB
Tape drive, 160/320 GB
Tape drive, 300/600 GB
Tape drive, 40/80 GB
Tape drive, 100/200 GB, LTO Ultrium 1
Tape drive, 200/400 GB, LTO Ultrium 2, point me one and i give you the part number, or write here de model of the tape drive.
Ok

Ps: I send a picture for you to see if the drives is looking like this.

Regards
balln
Advisor

Thanks for your reply, I need to find out the part numbers for various drives most of which are dlt40/80 and sdlt110/220 the problem is that some of these drives are slightly different and using the model number doesnâ t give you the exact same part number.

I need to get the part number so I can identify faulty drives to our hardware support provider.

I hope this part numbers can help you:

Tape drive, 110/220 GB, SDLT P/N:233125-001

Tape drive, 40/80 GB, Internal DLT P/N:154871-001

Tape drive, 40/80 GB, External DLT P/N:154872-001

In my country the spares for this products are this but in your country can be diferent.
Where are you from.

Regards.