Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble about installing Ultrium 460

Dario Alfonso
Occasional Visitor

Trouble about installing Ultrium 460

Hi, my company recently bought an HP Ultrium 460 tape autolader.
I´ve tried to connect it to an Adaptec 29160 internal SCSI card, but it´s not recognized.
My backup server is an IBM server model 8671-4AX running Windows 2000 Server SP4 in English. My OS recognizes the Adaptec SCSI card, and I´ve installed the latest drivers. The autoloader is the only device connected to the SCSI card and it´s properly terminated.
But when I boot my server and go to the Adaptec SCSI configuration utility embedded, the Ultrium autoloader is not recognized.
I´ve tried to recognize it just turning on the autoloader first, and then the server, but the tests were unsuccessful. Even the HP Library Tape and Tools Utility doesn´t recognize the autolader.
The SCSI ID of my autoloader is the default and the SCSI ID of my Adaptec SCSI card is 7.
The SCSI cord I´m using to connect this device is an external LVD/SE cord with 68 pin connectors on both sides. This cord is OK because I´ve installed another devices and worked OK.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance,

DARIO
3 REPLIES
GGA
Trusted Contributor

Re: Trouble about installing Ultrium 460

hello

doese the Ultrium 460 support the Adaptec 29160 scsi card ?
look at the specs from the autoloader
regards gga
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

The adaptec 29160 is the recommended scsi card for the LTO 460.
Does the OS see the drive and/or autoloader?
Does the scsi bios see the drive and/or autoloader?
What model is this unit? Do you have a part number?
Dario Alfonso
Occasional Visitor

Hi everybody,
I just wanna notify you my trouble was solved.
I was using an incorrect terminator, my provider got the right one, an external LVD/SE terminator.
Thanks to everybody who helped me.