1751869 Members
5078 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultrium 1-SCSI - L&TT hangs looking for firmware

Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

Ultrium 1-SCSI - L&TT hangs looking for firmware

I have a new Ultrium 1-SCSI drive and L&TT hangs when I click the "Download Firmware from Web" button, after saying the "current function must be stopped in order to get the firmware from the device". never had this with L&TT and any tape drive before ... any ideas? It's the latest L&TT version.
8 REPLIES 8
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Hello Kime,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We just checked this issue and it is working fine in our setup. This hung is caused mostly due to the proxy settings in your machine.
Could you please check the proxy details of your machine?
You can send the details to "ltt.team@hp.com".

Thanks,
LTT CPE Team
Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

I have no proxy setup it's a direct connection but I have a new firewall. The network team say that there are no dropped packets from that machine though. They say that it might be that there are SQL injection commands in the http request?
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

The issue here should be the firewall or the other settings. Could you please tell us how long this hangs. We have tried to reproduce in the US machines with a very good internet speed, here the firmware download screen appears with in few seconds.
When we try the same in the machines that are in India with a poor internet speed it takes some 30 mins to one hour to get the firmware update screen. Kindly let us know how long it hangs.

Thanks,
LTT CPE Team
Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

I have a very fast internet connection (>T3) from the UK. It freezes forever as far as I can tell. Perhaps you can tell me which URL it is trying to contact so I can get the firewall team to check the logs?
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I guess it's

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/

Please correct me, if i'm wrong.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

Hmm, I can see this URL from the machine no problem but L&TT still hangs forever when I click that button ...
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Could you please let us the Eventlog file that is generated by LTT. We would prefer a I/O history enabled Eventlog file if you are ready to re-run this procedure again.

The Eventlog file is located at the location "C:\Program Files\HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools\logs".

The procedure for getting a i/o history enabled eventlog file is as follows:

1. From the options menu of LTT, select the "Preferences"

2. Preferences dialog box appears

3. In the "Other Settings" check the "Add I/O history to Eventlog" and say "OK"

4. Restart the tool and then as usual procedure for downloading the firmware files from web.

5. Exit the tool and mail the Eventlog file to "ltt.team@hp.com".

Regards,
Srivathsan
Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

I have mailed the logs with the IO information included. During the operation a small zero size text file "prl.txt" appreared in the log directory too.