108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Ultrium 1760 Failing Lto drive assesment test in ltt 4.15

Findus104
Occasional Advisor

This is what i found.
""
All 0x5 sense key errors are information errors.
The 0x5 sense key is a host controller interaction sense key.
This key’s errors indicate that the controller received an illegal request from the host.

In some cases, the host is sending out a command, asking an individual drive to perform a read or write operation.
However, the problem is that no host can communicate directly to the individual drives in a hardware device.

In this case, the controller is returning an illegal request statement back to the host, stating that it doesn't understand what the host is asking.
""

So i gues it´s something with the SCSI controller then?. because it stucks at "Writing Wraps"

Or is something wrong with LTT, that some parameters are wrong, and it tries to send a request directly to the drive? and not to the SCISI Controller.

This is whats checked in the LTT test for LTO Media Assessment Test, version V22.04.2013

|__ ’Allow suspect drive’ test option: TRUE
|__ ’Allow Overwrite ' test option: TRUE

|__ ’Default'

Please correct me if im wrong.

Regards
findus

Findus104
Occasional Advisor

Changed SCSI Controller, Fixed my problem.

Changed to.

HP SC11Xe Ultra320 Single Channel/ PCIe x4 SCSI Host Bus Adapter
NOTE: Single channel PCI-Express (PCI-e) SCSI Ultra 320 HBA.

P/N:412911-B21.

Supported for MSL4048.

So if you see this problem on your drive.

(Sense Key 0x05, Sense Code 0x2600 (Operator selected invalid field in parameter list) Error Code: 0x1802 DI_INVALID_PARAMETER)

i recommend to check if the controller is supported for your drive/library or uppdated.

If it not the problem, check if you have the latest driver for your LTO and the latest Library tape tools installed for your OS.

working fine for me now.

Regards
Findus