5475 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultrium 215 Reject My Cartridge

Omer Asik
Occasional Advisor

Ultrium 215 Reject My Cartridge

Hi,

My cutomer has one Ultrium 215 internal backup device. The device used for 4 months without any problem.
I insert the Ultrium 1 cartridge to backup device, it takes the cartdige and process something for 30 seconds then imeddiately reject the cartridge. I suspected the crtridge and tried some new cartridges but result is same.

What is my problem ?
5 REPLIES 5
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Omer,
have tried using a cleaning cartridge first?
Are you sure you are using the right tape type for the drive?
Also (0 out of 7 answers):
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#34
Regards
Omer Asik
Occasional Advisor

Yes ,
I tried a cleaning cartridge and i am sure that I am using the right cartridge. After I had my firts message I tried to update tape firmware but firmware update process was broken. Therefore, the server doesn't see my tape drive. I sent the tape drive to HP for replacement.
Thank you for your help.
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Omer,
sorry I couldn't help.
Can this be closed as a hardware fault or even better wait for HP to come back with reason for fault and then update the thread.
Regards
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Omer,
can you please close if resolved.

Also (0 out of now 12 answers):
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#34

Regards
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Assuming you are on a host OS supported by HP Library & Tape Tools, install the most recent version of the tool (www.hp.com/support/tapetools), and save a support ticket to a file (to capture the current logs), and then run the device analysis test. It may suggest a firmware update. See if that leads to resolution of your problem.
The journey IS the reward.