1748180 Members
3900 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ultrium 215

Matt Pilgrim_1
Occasional Contributor

Ultrium 215

I am having various problems with an Ultrium 215, It has been suggested that I try running a script called drive_tune.ssc, problem is i can't seem to find this script anywhere!

Can anyone help?
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ultrium 215

please specify the trouble!
which OS, which driver version, which server/adapter

best regards
Michael Richter
Matt Pilgrim_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.
The drive will read and write but fails the acceptance test (takes too long). The drive needs re-calibration. I have been advised from research on this website that running the script drive_tune.ssc for hp library and tape tools will cure this problem. I am unable to locate the script however!!
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

The LTO_drive_tune.ssc script was removed a few years ago (last available in LTT 3.0). From what I recall, it was there to resolve an issue with a few early shipments of the LTO 1 drive.

Can you give a pointer to the web page that still references this?

The assessment test is up to date, and includes any troubleshooting suggestions to resolve issues with the drive.

Can you post the support ticket and the resultslog.ltt file (from the ltt logs sub folder)?
The journey IS the reward.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

We checked with the LTO drive team, and the script was removed when the a fix was added to newer firmware. The script basically adjusted a few parameters that did not set correctly in some early drives. Update to latest firmware and that issue is resolved automatically.

Please let us know where you found reference to this script on the website.
The journey IS the reward.