StoreEver Tape Storage
1752328 Members
5326 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Ultrium Drive / Tape temperatures

Jon  Johnsin

Ultrium Drive / Tape temperatures

Could someone advise me the maximum acceptable internal operating temperature of an Ultrium 920 drive ie. the temperature at which the LTO Cooling test will fail? The manual gives the ambient and storage acceptable temperature ranges, but not the internal temperature.
4 REPLIES 4
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hey Jon,

Search for "Environmental Specifications" at :
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12128_div/12128_div.html#Technical%20Specifications

Thanks & Regards,
James.
Jon  Johnsin

Many thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, this link only provides the environmental temperature range (ie. the ambient temperature of the environment in which the drive can be located), whereas I need to know how hot the drive can become when operating before it is a problem.

Regards

Jon
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Jon,
Operating: 50° F to 95° F (10° C to 40° C) at a minimum of 6CFM airflow >>>>> I would think, it can get as hot as 95° F .. before it crashes. :-)

James.
Jon  Johnsin

"Operating: 50à ° F to 95à ° F (10à ° C to 40à ° C)" means that you can operate it in a room in which the temperature is between 50°F and 95°F. The device generates heat, and raises the internal temperature above room temperature. I need to know how high the temperature can go within the device - not within the room.

Regards,

Jon