New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultrium Library 2/60 error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sanjiv Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Ultrium Library 2/60 error

Hi All,

I have an Ultrium Tape Library 2/60 which is connected through a FC switch to about 8 HP-UX servers.

Today morning I found that the front Panel light was Flashing RED. I switched off/on the Library. It does Self Test then Calibrating and then it shows the following error:

HARD ERROR
A command to the transport controller timed out.
HARD ERROR
Failed REZERO
HARD ERROR
2003/01/07 10:20:14 Code 0, Qualifier 86, Sequence 51,52,51,54,54,52

********** and so on *************

The same errer comes when I switch on/off the Library again and again.

The Ultrium medias are stuck in both the Ultrium Drives and the Front Panel Light is Flashing RED.

What has happened? What needs to be done?

Thanks,
Raje.
Everything is possible
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hi
Just try to move the picker mechanism inside the library, check if any cartridge is on the picker path.
It may be that the picker have lost power from the rails for some reason, (dust, sticker,...)
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Also check to see if there are any cartridges that are upside down. Som tape libraries will not move any tapes around for this very reason.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Raje,
look at the picker inside the library and check which leds it has lit on its controller.
I guess library do not move picker at all as soon as rezero is initial picker command to find zero position.
The most probable, as Marino stated, that picker lost its power - lost contact with rails located at the bottom and at the top of picker assembly.
If you have HP contract/warranty then call HP. If not then you can manually push picker off the dead point and see if it will turn leds on. Then run burnin' picker motion test to chek if it will stuck again (at this or at another position). If it will be stucking continuously you need to replace picker
Eugeny