4503 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultrium autoloader 1/8m LTO management command

wendling
Regular Advisor

Ultrium autoloader 1/8m LTO management command

Hello,
Do you know if there is a windows command line tools that i could use to export a cartridge from a specific slot of an 1/8 LTO autoloader. Backupexec v10 eject the cardrige from the drive but not from the autoloader.
Thank's in advance.
G├йrard Wendling
6 REPLIES 6
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I do not know much about 1/8. Is it to a mailslot you want to export or .. ?

There is no such standard command in Windows (like the Unix "mc"). Data Protector "uma" would do the job easy but, is no freeware.

wendling
Regular Advisor

Thank's for the answer,
i just want to put a cartridge from a specific slot out from the autoloader. For montly backup we want to store this cartridge in another place. Actually we get the cartridge out manually using the control panel of the loader.
Something like
"c:\tapeutil export slot 6" would be nice.
G├Г┬йrard.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

You can use LTT to export cartridges, but your Backup appplication will not have trace of this action, (like when you do that from the front panel), but you will need to stop the backup services before to avoid reservation conflicts
wendling
Regular Advisor

Thank's Marino I'll try.
Gerard
wendling
Regular Advisor

LTT doesn't look like a command line tool for scripting, it's graphic and use of SCSI commands are a bit complicated. Has somebody done this export with LTT? (or another tool)
Gerard.
Scott McIntosh_2
Honored Contributor

Basic answer is no. The 1/8 has no mailslot, therefore, no means for application level control as you are trying to accomplish. LTT, being a diagnostic tool, is very likely to be able to make the robotics take a tape out of a slot and "hang" it out of the front load port. I don't know if I'd call that safe.

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support