1748014 Members
4550 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultrium surestore 230 LED indicators

Colin Patterson_2
Occasional Advisor

Ultrium surestore 230 LED indicators

I have several hp surestore Ulrium 230 (c7470a) units in a cab that have held onto the media cassette and have all of the LED's on solid. Tried manual unwind and unload. Nothing works. Cannot find any info for this LED combo.. Need help

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Hoang Chi Cong_1
Honored Contributor

Did you check for the cable?
It may cause by Card controller.
Looking for a special chance.......
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Colin Patterson_2
Occasional Advisor

The Tape device is the same if I remove it from the cab and connect to a voltage supply. As soon as the power is applied, the LED's all light up. It does not appear to go through a POST operation.

This eliminates the cables and card. Thanks.
Colin Patterson_2
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the URL pointer Marino.

It looks like I have 7 drives all with the same problem. " DEAD DRIVE ". They have all failed over the last three weeks. Just a few months out of the warranty period.

We have two cabs with a total of 32 drives installed.
Arend Lensen
Trusted Contributor

Calin,

It's almost impossible that so many drives fail at the same time, are you sure that theu do not pass the POST?. What happens if you insert a tape, does it accept it and can you use 10 seconds later the eject button to get it out?

Arend
Colin Patterson_2
Occasional Advisor

They failed within a few days of each other. The LED's are all on with a tape still in them. We can't do anything because the LED's all come on as soon as power is applied. Cannot eject or insert tapes. Looks like the POST is not completing> I may try a firmware update.
Arend Lensen
Trusted Contributor

Colin,

You did not perhaps load a wrong firmware image?

Regards,
Arend
Colin Patterson_2
Occasional Advisor

I've never done it. It was just a thought because I've cured odd faults on another vendors LTO's by upgrading Firmware.
Juha S

I have the same problem. Did you found a solution for yours? Driver is surestore ultrium 230. The tape got stuck when I tried to eject it. I got it out, but all the leds remain on and unit doesnt want to take new tapes. Might it be that the device thinks there are still tape stuck?