1754014 Members
7172 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to get Firmware for DLT7000

Peter Davidson
Occasional Advisor

Unable to get Firmware for DLT7000

I have a problem with Arcserve and CA want me to upgrade firmware of DLT Drives (currently V080) but I can not get hold of the firmware files. I have downloaded the netware version of L&TT and there are no firmware files for the DLT7000. I then Downloaded and installed the Windows version of L&TT and connected DLT Library to my windows 2000 P.C and it can not get access to the web to get the firmware files. I have internet access on the P.C and can get to HP's FTP site but the automatic download of the firmware is not working.

Is there a specific port that needs to be enabled on our proxy or a site I can manually get the firmware files?
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/
Look at personality value for your drive in LTT. I guess as soon as it has V080 then personality should be OML3, and the latest firmware is V096
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/LTT_DLT7000_V096_OML3.frm
Eugeny
Peter Davidson
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the ftp site, it's a step in the right direction and I have access to it through IE.

The question is how can I get access through IE but L&TT for Windows can not seem to gain access from the same P.C.?

I ftp'ed down all the DLT7000 Firmware files and put them into the Firmware directory on the Netware server and the only one it is giving me the option to use is the DLT7000 CPQ LDRV, Rev: V080/CPL1, 9/1/2002. This poses the question is the firmware we have already the latest version?

Not exactly sure what you mean by personality and were to find out what it is but I would assume from the above it is CPL1.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Yes, this means that your drive at the latest firmware revision
Eugeny