108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Unrecognized media has been found in location Hewlett Packard DDS4 USB drive

olaitan
Occasional Visitor

Dear All,

Trust you all are doing great.

I need an urgent help with this error i got whenever, i tried retriving data from my existing tapes "DAT 40 and DAT 72" using (HP StorageWorks DAT 40 USB External Tape Drive and HP StorageWorks DAT 72 USB External Tape Drive)

Find below the Message that popup 

This media may have never been used or may contained information generated by an incompatible program.

Do you want to prepare the media for use with Backup

Warning: This will erase any data currently on the media.

Thank you as i look forward for a positive solutions in resolving this menace.

5 REPLIES 5
tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unrecognized media has been found in location Hewlett Packard DDS4 USB drive

Has anything changed since you last tried to use these tapes?

olaitan
Occasional Visitor

Re: Unrecognized media has been found in location Hewlett Packard DDS4 USB drive

Hello

Nothing has changed. I just realised the device can not read  data on the tapes and that lead to the above error message i sent earlier

Kindly help me out.

Thanks 

tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

The tapes that you cannot read , are they used on a regular basis or have they been archived and not used for years?

olaitan
Occasional Visitor

The tapes have been achived for 6years now due to lack of TAPEWARE Software that came with the server (G3 Proliant SERVER) because the firm misplace the CD-ROM that came with the C5683A backup device.

tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

Theres a good chance you made need to use the same software to restore/read the data on the tape as you did to write to the tape.

What did you use and what are you using now?