1753578 Members
6114 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unrecongised media in C1537

CA925926
Occasional Contributor

Unrecongised media in C1537

I have a C1537 DDS3 Tape drive (C1537-00631) which was orignally used in SUN SPARC Machine. I tried to connect in to my PC(using Windows 2000). However, when I put DDS tapes (no matter DDS1, DDS2 or DDS3)into the drive, the Windows 2000 shows unrecongized/unknown media. Whats wrong?
Raymond
4 REPLIES 4
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: Unrecongised media in C1537

first make sure all the dip-switches an the bottom are set to on except #3
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
CA925926
Occasional Contributor

I have already set the dip swith to the default setting (all on except sw3) before connecting to the PC.
Raymond
Jeff XSi
Frequent Advisor

Hi Raymond,
Ok, going on the info that I have here it could be a number of things..

- Firstly, the tapes that you are using ... Where they backed up in the SUN system previously? If yes then you havr to format then to use them with Win 2k.

- Secondly, are you using the built in backup facility of Win 2K or a third party application? If its a third party s/ware then you have to switch off the Removeable Storage service : Go to Start, Run , type "services.msc" and on the list of services, click on Removeable Storage and click the Stop button.

- If it is still failing then the best way to find out if you have an issue is to use the StorageWorks Library & Tape Tools diags... go to www.hp.com/support/lttdownload for the latest version.

If you need any other help/assistance then let me know :)

Thanks

Jeff
CA925926
Occasional Contributor

I have solved the problem by upgrading the firmware of the C1537A to L111. Thanks.
Raymond