1752793 Members
6017 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrade MSL5026SL from 1 drive to 2 drives

Jamie McConchie

Upgrade MSL5026SL from 1 drive to 2 drives

Hi,

I have added a 2nd drive to our MSL5026SL in a SAN environment. It is connected from the MDR to Drive 1 to Drive 0 to library controller.

The library says that has 2 drives, but when I run LTT 3.5SR1 it says it cant connect to the 2nd drive.

The OS (W2K and W2K3) and backup software (BABr11.1) cant see the 2nd drive either.

Help!
3 REPLIES 3
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrade MSL5026SL from 1 drive to 2 drives

Jamie,

Check first that you can see both the drives in the MDR. Probably a mapping that must be recreated to include the second drive as well.

Kurt
Jamie McConchie

Kurt,

Thanks for your help.

The MDR can't see the second drive. If I do a showSCSIDevices command, it doesn't show.

Even restarting the MDR doesn't rebuild the SCSI devices list.

Jamie
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

The MDR is usually shipped with SCSi modules with at least TWO SCSI bus (initiator).
have you tried to split the two drives in the two buses? I mean: Robotics to first drive to MDR's SCSI bus 0, with a terminator on the second connector of robotics + second drive to MDR's SCSI bus 1 with a terminator on the second connector of the drive.
Have you cheched your SCSI cables and terminators?
My personal advice is to test every single piece of hardware one at a time, trying to isolate the defective component (connect robotic with a cable to bus 1 of MDR, restart MDR, showscsidevices, and so on). Please be aware that every time you change anything in your SCSI buses you have to restart the MDR, because it cannot recognize dynamically any change.

Good luck
Claudio