1748180 Members
4201 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Urgent: Connect Autoloader 818 to a Sun E250

Tan Hui
Occasional Contributor

Urgent: Connect Autoloader 818 to a Sun E250

I'm tring to connect a HP SureStore AutoLoader 818 to a Sun E250 server. But when I use the probe-scsi-all command to check the device, it can't find the dlt drive and SCSI control device.

What does this MEAN? Is there some HW problem?
If not, how can I do solve the problem?
tiger.t
2 REPLIES 2
Eric de Lange_2
Respected Contributor

Hello Tan,

To what sort of SCSI controller are you connecting ? This loader is Low Voltage Differential (LVD) and requires a LVD SCSI host bus adapter (HBA). The device is not compatble with High Voltage Differential (HVD) type SCSI controllers.

If you are connecting it to a Single Ended (SE) SCSI bus, make sure that you are not exceeding the SCSI cable length. I seem to remember that the unit comes with a 2.5 meter SCSI cable which would be too long for a UW Single ended SCSI bus.

The SCSI terminator on the unit will tell you whether the SCSI bus is in LVD or SE mode.

Hope this helps,

-Cal.
Marco Ortega
Occasional Advisor

the 818 autoloader can come in either an LVDS or HVDS scsi interface configuration. Check the scsi interface on the Sun system to see if it LVDS or HVDS and then check the 818 to see which interface it is. if their scsi interface matches and it is still not detected check the cables.