1751808 Members
3837 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Use DLT 7000 Standalone-Drive in DLT Library

Peter Porz
Advisor

Use DLT 7000 Standalone-Drive in DLT Library

I've got a Problem using a Standalone DLT7000 in a 15/2 Library. The electronic part seems to be the same in Standalone and Library Drive. It is easy to see, that the Tape-Eject mechanism is completely different. So I changed it. But when the just changed Drive is placed in Library, it doesn't work. Does anybody know about other differences between those two drives?

P.Porz
Lion Electronics Int.
20 REPLIES 20
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Drive FW is for sure different because it ahve to dialogue with the library controller
Peter Porz
Advisor

Thanks for your answer, but it seems there is just 1 FW-Version which can be used as well for standalone and library drives. If you have other Firmwares or know where to get them please let me know.

P.Porz
Lion Electronics Int
RNY
Respected Contributor

It will not work cause the FW is different also i have tried to change the firmware but you can not.
So you don't have any choise ,you shouldd order it.
Sorry...
regards
DGH_2
Valued Contributor

Hi
i had the same problem, the standalone DLT7000 cannot be used in the library.
for sure they have different firmwares and you can't use the firmware of the library on the standalone.

it's better to get a new one library use.
Dory
Peter Porz
Advisor

But couldn't I just change the electronic board, below the drive? If it depends on the Firmware, it should work then, shouldn't it?

P.Porz
Lion Electronics Int.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

replacing part inside the DLT is something not supported and not tested, you can do that at your own risk without warranty, and I suppose that these drives are not covered by any contract, or it is better to use it ;)
anyway:
it is not possible to flash a stand alone DLT7000 FW with the FW for library. the two products have differents personality, that means that part of the data recorded in the Memory are differents, just to identify the differents products.
For a standalone dlt7000 the personality is OEM1 (FW101), for a 15/7000 library, the personality is OEM3 (FW V096)
The personality canot be changed just flashing the FW.
Peter Porz
Advisor

There's no warranty on one of these drives, so it is worth testing it.
I don't know if it works, but if it's a matter of Firmware or Personality, changing the boards should work. I talked to a HP-Technician today. He told me, that changing the Tape-Eject mechanism should work.

P.Porz
Lion Electronis Int.
Ronald Hendriks
Valued Contributor

Mr. Porz,

I have send you an email with a pointer.

Ron.

( to info@yourdomain.de)

Keep things simple
Peter Porz
Advisor

Sorry,
I didn't receive any E-Mail from you. Perhaps send it again.
Thanks

P.Porz
Lion Electronics Int.