StoreEver Tape Storage
1748017 Members
4276 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where can I find the latest version of HP Library and Tape Tools for W10 x64?

TekkFirst
Visitor

Re: Where can I find the latest version of HP Library and Tape Tools for W10 x64?

I agree! Why would HP lock their firmware for old hardware behind a paywall (support contract)?

I tried downloading the older tool for firmware, but it doesn't work, it says it won't install on my Windows 2k12 server. I also tried it on another PC, but it failed with a DLL error. I can even see the exact firmware file I need within the zip file, but it's renamed and likely compressed in such a way that the HP Tape Tools app sees it as corrupt and won't let me update with it.

So...basically there's no way to update the firmware on my 3 year old LTO-6 drive? That's bad form.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

the link in my post still works.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

> That's bad form

Yes, it is isn't it - I've already passed this issue on to twenty-three clients who will no longer purchase HP drives as a result ...

Pure idiocy - how to make friends and influence people (not)!

David

Pawel-K

I can't believe I can't download simple firmware for a drive I purchased 3/4 years ago because HP decided I need an active warranty on the drive. This is absurd. I'm never buying HPE again

I'm in total agreement, but sadly it looks like the suits have decided not to provide any form of support unless you have a contract which quite honelstly I think sucks but there you go.

D.

Noahoscar986
Occasional Visitor

I was also facing this same issue and I really was very disappointed. I will also never trust on them. 

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

HPE Library and Tape Tools for W10 x64 is available under the main LTT page:

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/storage/storage-software/pip.hpe-library-and-tape-tools.406729.html

On that page there is a "link to free download" which takes you to:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/driverHome?sp4ts.oid=1009019479

On that page select the OS Independent version in the top link which takes you to the Windows and Linux versions.  There is just one Windows version and it runs on W10 x64.  I just downloaded and gave it a test run on a system with that OS to double check nothing had broken lately.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

OleAldric
Visitor

This is still an issue!

When using LTT, I cannot get firmware updates for my drives. In LTT, I can click on "Get from WEB", it directs me to a signed in page where I can copy a token. I paste this token into the dialog window in LTT and it reaches the next page where I can see that there are firmwares available, but the moment I press "Download" I get the invalid token error.

Can you please give me any good argument for why you charge your customers for bug fixes in software/hardware/firmware you sell us for, if I can say so, hefty prices. It is out of the question to purchase more products from you if this is the lay of the land.