StoreEver Tape Storage
1753786 Members
7528 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Win 2003 SP2 does not see Storageworks 1760 external tap driver.

asulde
Occasional Contributor

Win 2003 SP2 does not see Storageworks 1760 external tap driver.

Hello Everyone :)

I have a big problem, i buyed a used Storageworks 1760 external tap driver  in rack, i tryed to conect him to my ProLiant ML110 G6 serwer by array p212 with sas cable and he don't works;/ He has power and lights on tap driver are green but in windows hardware manager i don't see him only smart array. Diagnostic of smart array don't shows him, i tryed using  2 cables one 0,5m and second 2m (SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 External SAS Cable P/N: S1200-02). Plz help me.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business) to Tape Libraries and Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

If you can see it in the device manager you should try to use it.

You may also check the device with LTT:

http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Can you post the HBA firmware revision and driver revision numbers?

Do you have this controller attached to the internal backplane as well as to the external tape drive?

It hasn't been seen with Windows but there is a known issue with the latest driver on Linux where the P212 will fail to detect a tape drive if it is attached to a disk array connected to the internal backplane and the external tape drive at the same time.  In that configuration the workaround right now is to load the previous driver version and a fix is in progress.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

asulde
Occasional Contributor

Hello 

I don't see storage works 1760 in  the hardware manager, ther is only smart array P212. Smart array P212 firmware is: 5.70 and driver is : 6.20. Storageworks is pined to array external, internal to array are pined 2 x raid 1. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I updated firmware to 6.00 and the tape driver was dected, he is now in hardware manager under tape drivers but i have next problem, i started a test job, the job runed but after some time i got error inavalid media error and got orange diod on tape driver. I used the cleaning tape and started again job but after cleaning all job stops on MOUNTING MEDIA and don't starts. I tryed difrent jobs and tapes, if i use a erase job on tape he does 50% and stops, i don;t geat any erros or anything. And from tape driver i get some noise.