StoreEver Tape Storage
1752794 Members
6954 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Windows Server 2012R2 drivers for an Ultrium 448 SAS tape drive...

SOLVED
Go to solution
deejinoz
Occasional Advisor

Windows Server 2012R2 drivers for an Ultrium 448 SAS tape drive...

Hi,

I have a client who has been using an Ultrium 2 448 SAS tape drive for a couple of years. Their backups have been running very slowly (Backup Exec 15, on Windows 2012R2) and they've asked me to look into this for them. When I look at the device, in Windows Device Manager, it is listed as "Other devices" "HP Ultrium 2-SCSI SCSI Sequential Device" and the "Driver Provider" is "Unknown". I have looked here: http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3239083. However, there appears to be no drivers, for any of the Windows operating systems available, for download. Windows 2000 to 2008R2, including SBS 2011 and all the associated consumer variants of Windows, are listed. However, no Windows drivers are available, when you select any of these. It appears there is only a firmware update made available here!?

Can anybody shed any light on where I can find drivers for this device?

Cheers...

1 REPLY 1
Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Windows Server 2012R2 drivers for an Ultrium 448 SAS tape drive...

It doesn't make much sense but the drivers are under "OS Independant" instead of being under the individual OS entries because a single bundle has all the drivers.  Eventually the individual OS entires hopefully will get removed.  They have been for the newer drives but for some reason are still sticking around for the older drives.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo