5505 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

asr.sif returned an error code 0x1f

CA1328536
Occasional Advisor

asr.sif returned an error code 0x1f

Any info on this would be appricheated.

(Error:ntbackup.exe) Some files were not successfully recovered. For details see C:\windows\repair\bacup.log

The recovery application "ntbackup recover /1 /sifpath=c\windows\repair\asr.sif" returned an error code 0x1f. Since this indicates an unrecoverble error, ASR cannot continue on this machine.
4 REPLIES 4
Ben_211

Re: asr.sif returned an error code 0x1f

I have this problem too, Roy, were you out of interest, restoring on the same server you have created the ASR on, with no change in hardware whatsoever? As I am trying it on two identical servers but with two different scsi controller cards for the tape drive, and wondered if that was the cause of my problem. The tape drive seems to respond (it rewinds) but it seems when it tries to restore the actual data I get the same msg you have above....

Kr,

Ben Currie
CA1328536
Occasional Advisor

No this is to the same server no changes made to the server at all, and still looking for an answer.
Ben_211

Oh great! Ii rellay need an answer too, do you try the'txtsetup.oem' thing?
CA1328536
Occasional Advisor

Not yet been tied up with a sql cluster and a new web filtering array, not sure how to write the file for the usb device yet as the inf file calls info direct from the CD some where. Oh happy days.