Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup fails--bus free state

Scott Engstrom
Occasional Visitor

backup fails--bus free state

I have a windows2003 server with 2G RAM, RAID1 on onboard adaptec AIC7901 controller, quantum DLT1 VS80 tape drive on a PCI adaptec 3950U2B controller. Novanet backup fails at about 30-32G of 34G data with event viewer error "device\scsi\aic78u21 did not respond within the timeout period" and Novanet error "SCSI bus has unexpectedly gone to a bus free state". I have replaced the scsi cabling, the controller(tried an adaptec 29160 as well), the motherboard, the RAM, the tape drive 3 times. I have called Novanet, Adaptec, and Quantum. I have set the settings in the BIOS to what adaptec recommended. I have updated and reinstalled drivers for the drive and controller.(The backup had gone for 6 months without this problem.) Not sure what to do or where to turn. Would it be worth putting the pagefile on a separate drive, or would this have no impact on the scsi bus problem I appear to be having. Any ideas would be helpful.