blocked tape in de SureStore drive

Hi expers,

A have a N4000 Clase Hp-9000 with
SureStore and Omniback 3.10.

I have a blocked tape in the drive
and want to eject this tape,
back in de medium cabinet.

How to do that remote?

Ps. I dont know the adress off the web based manage tool insite the SureStore...
technet.oracle.com
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Re: blocked tape in de SureStore drive

If you know the physical device address you should be to do it from the command line if of course the tape can be removed. This must be done from the system that controls the tape library, not the client.

e.g. device is /devrmt/1m your library robotics control device is /dev/picker and we are going to eject the tape to the library door.

# mt -t /dev/rmt/1m rew
# mt -t /dev/rmt/1m offl
# mc -p /dev/picker -sD1 -dI1

You may need to still update the library, so that it and omniback know the tape has been ejected.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Matt Williamson
Occasional Advisor

Hi. I have basically the same setup as you. If have the web interface (SureStore 2x20 or 4x40) to your drives setup you can do it that way. Unfortunately you would have had to configured an administrator password that will allow you to perform functions via the web interface. If you just type the IP or hostname of your array in the address line of Internet Explorer you should bring up the web interface. Hope this helps.

Matt
Show me your certification and I'll show you mine!
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

If you have remote access to a Windows system that has direct connect to the tape library then most versions of SureStore tape libraries have a remote front panel function that is available in the HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools (LTT) product that can be downloaded for free from HP's web site.

The latest versions of LTT also has a "Move Media" function that will allow control of the library. The "Move Media" function is kind of hidden behind the "Front Panel" option.

If you are running on HP-UX the latest version of LTT for HP-UX also has the move media function but it is very cryptic. You have to specify "move d1 s3" to move from drive 1 to slot 3 but that isn't documented in the help you have to read the manual.
Remko van de Peppel

This fix the problem.
I update all software/patches and enable the web interface for manage this libery.

Thanks for helping me!

Regards,

Remko
technet.oracle.com