1747971 Members
3684 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

cannot eject tape from MSL2024

sk800i
Advisor

cannot eject tape from MSL2024

When I insert LTO3 in the LTO3 drive of MSL2024 autoloader, when I want to move it from Drive 1 to slot 3 or other slots, it shows tape failed. When I tried to force it from tape drive, the error code 5f 49, etc.

Even when I use web GUI that the status of tape moving, it shows unload/load/unload/load then timeout. How can I take a tape except replace tape drive?
3 REPLIES 3
Choru
Occasional Contributor

Re: cannot eject tape from MSL2024

remove the tape drive from library and press the eject button and try ..press the button for 40 sec if it is not came out replace
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: cannot eject tape from MSL2024

Make certain the library has the latest firmware. The Force Unload command in the latest firmware is very thorough.

Make certain the library is turned on and leave it on for at least 15 minutes before trying anything.

Try the front panel force unload option. If that does not unload the tape use L&TT to pull a support ticket and post it here. We need both the library and drive tickets and the web GUI support ticket only pulls the library information.

Note that on error codes there is always additional information available that is decoded into text if you press enter.