StoreEver Tape Storage
1752365 Members
5679 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: changing scsi id

changing scsi id

I am looking to change the scsi id of a powervault lto4-120HH service tag 4twrtg1
8 REPLIES 8
TTr
Honored Contributor

Doesn't that have a SAS interface? There are no SCSI IDs in the SAS interface.

What are you trying to do or what exactly is the problem and where are you connecting it?

hey, yea after reading up a bunch more on this i realized that as well. I was looking at the Target id, which is 17. I was on the phone with symantec and they said to lower the SCSI id. which im assuming he ment the target id.

So, for SAS can what can the target id be set to? I know 0-15 is usually SCSI devices
TTr
Honored Contributor

Are you sure they were not thinking of SCSI IDs too? That's what the target refers to. Did you tell them it is a SAS interface drive?

Yea i told them that its a sas, but yea i think he was just grasping at straws after a 2 hr call..
TTr
Honored Contributor

Are you using netbackup or backup exec and what versons? See if your tape drive is in the supported matrix for your software.

For example, your drive is not supported in NB6.5

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/284599.pdf
TTr
Honored Contributor

It is actually supported in W2003. Check page 128 and note the footnote #2, the drive inside the Dell powervault is probably IBM.

yes, it is supported on that list, also we are using backup exec 2010
TTr
Honored Contributor

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/329256.htm

BackupExec compatibility is OK.

I use netbackup, not backupexec. How did the "target ID 17" come about? As I mentioned the target ID is the same as the SCSI ID in scsi hardware terminology but maybe backupexec has another concept that they call target ID.

What is the problem with the drive?
Does the OS see the drive? Can the OS (win 2003?) write to the drive with some other software? What exactly is the problem with the drive in backupexec?