1752808 Members
6001 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

dlt4000s on d class server

Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

dlt4000s on d class server

we have a D350 server and have been trying to install a dlt4000s to it. The dlt4000s is an external box made by TTI and distributed by HP with 7980S emulation.
When connected to the se-scsi port on the back of the D class the unit does'nt see it upon searching. We have tried changing id's and switches on the back to no avail. even when connected on its own so their are no conflicts it is still not seen. The same drive can be attached and seen without any problems on k class servers, C class workstations and even a pc. I know the external port is good as it sees other devices attached to it ok.
Does anyone have one of these drives attached succesfully to a D class server or know if it will work.

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Re: dlt4000s on d class server

Andrew,

When connecting to the K-Class, C-Class, and a PC, are those interfaces also SE SCSI? My recollection is that the DLT4000S is a FWD SCSI interface. On the D-Class it would be supported on the A4107A FWD SCSI-2 interface.

HTH,

Dave
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Can you provide the following please:

OS version

Copy of 'ioscan -fn' identifying the SCSI interface.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

thanks guys, i have got it work but it will only work at id 0. It is definatly se-scsi and will work in hp-ux now set to this id. It is still not seen at BCH level though.
the version of hp-ux is 10.20 and patched up to dec 01