StoreEver Tape Storage
1752295 Members
4709 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: firmware for 35/70Gb DLT LDRV

Jorge Briseno

firmware for 35/70Gb DLT LDRV

From where can I download the firmware for a 35/70 DLT ??? firmware revision 2561 and 2150...

Can somebody tell me....
7 REPLIES 7
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

what model do you have?

greetings,

Michael
Jorge Briseno

This is the informatio I have:

COMPAQ 35/70GB DLT LDRV

We want to upgrade the firmware version from 2150 to 2561.

This Tape Drive is attached to a proliant 8500 running win nt4.0

Thanks..
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> COMPAQ 35/70GB DLT LDRV

> We want to upgrade the firmware version from 2150 to 2561.

> This Tape Drive is attached to a proliant 8500 running win nt4.0

The diagnostic tool for all the HP/CPQ tape products is HP Library & Tape Tools (www.hp.com/support/tapetools). It will run on NT 4.0.

I believe the firmware versions you are talking about are V80 and V97. The format you have listed is most likely the servo version and controller version in hex, so the second byte (50h & 61h) is the controller version.

The latest DLT drive firmware version supported is dependent on the specific personality and sub-personality.

What is the full inquiry string for our drive? If it is "QUANTUM DLT7000 CPQ LDRV", then the most recent firmware may be V80 (according to the LTT data base). Other drives with "QUANTUM DLT7000" for the inquiry strings will have V96, V101, or V109 as the most recent version (depending on the personality).

I'm assuming this drive is in a library. Can you tell us which specific library model? We can then check to see what the latest drive firmware should be.
The journey IS the reward.
Jorge Briseno

Michael,

This DLT is in a TL891, and the model is Compaq 35/70 GB DLT LDRV, that's all the information I have.

THanks for answering me,

Jorge
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

The TL891 should be using the "DEC TZ89" version of the DLT7000 drive.

HP LTT should have V80, V97, and V109 firmware available for that flavor of drive.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Michael,

That appears to be the library firmware and libdiag tool (only). The customer should be using HP LTT to update the drive firmware.