108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

firmware update HP surestore tape library 1/9

SOLVED
Go to solution
WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

firmware update HP surestore tape library 1/9

Hi I want apply a firmware update to a tape library 1/9, I have installed de LTT but I dont have the frm image to the tape dlt8000 and to the same library unit , may somebory please send me this file.

rperez
4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: firmware update HP surestore tape library 1/9

LTT will download automaticaly from the web the file, or you can use the tool to download it yourself
WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

Marino I have installed the LTT but the OS is HPUX 11 and the server have no access to internet for safe reason. so I need the firmware for the DLT drive and for the autoloader itself.

The actual version of the autoloader is 2060.
The version of the DLT is v020,

How you can see is to older.
rperez
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

two options:

first is to install the tool on your pc, and retrieve the file with ltt, and then transfert it to the directory \firmware in your server,

second is to locate the file here

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/

if the firmware is not the correct one, L&TT will refuse to load it to the autoloader

marino

You can also download the firmware bundle for the 1/9 library from the HP support web site. The bundle includes the drive and library firmware for use with HP L&TT. Since your library firmware is 2060 please take note: *Libraries with DLT 8000 drives CAN NOT be directly upgraded from 2060(or earlier) to 2300(or later). Bridge to 2260 before proceeding.

The firmware bundle includes the 2260 firmware and the latest 2710 version.

There is also DLT 8000 V059 and V080 firmware versions in the bundle.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=21927&prodSeriesId=34114&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=co583&locBasepartNum=co-14649-3&os=HP-UX+11.x&tech=Firmware++Bundle
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]